Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Steph -- Other States

The following site is from Chapel Hill -- Carrboro City Schools in North Carolina:

http://policy.microscribepub.com/cgi-bin/om_isapi.dll?clientID=417685625&infobase=chaphill.nfo&jump=3225&softpage=PL_frame#JUMPDEST_3225

As an overview, the components within the policy are as follows:

Requirements for Use
User Responsibility
Student Access
Privacy Not Guaranteed
Inappropriate Material

Also to note, I found the policy to be extremely short and not as in-depth.

Ok, the other state I looked at was California. Um, let me just start by saying: Wow!!!

First of all, I looked through a couple different districts, and it was ridiculous to actual find an AUP. The district I used was Laguna Beach. Also, the policy is titled "Student Technology Policy." Anyway, here is the site:

http://policy.microscribepub.com/cgi-bin/om_isapi.dll?clientID=417685625&infobase=chaphill.nfo&jump=3225&softpage=PL_frame#JUMPDEST_3225


The policy is the shortest one I have seen with only three dull components: purpose, responsibility, and restrictions.

No comments: